collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: Travel Ban  (Read 129 times)

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
Travel Ban
« on: February 07, 2017, 05:19:57 AM »
A hearing will be held today about the travel ban. We will soon find out what will be done. They say it was a lawful ban and it bans only countries well known for terrorists.

The US justice department has defended President Donald Trump's travel ban and urged an appeals court to reinstate it in the interests of national security.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38888909

A 15-page brief argued it was a "lawful exercise of the president's authority" and not a ban on Muslims.

The executive order temporarily banned entry for all refugees and visitors from seven mainly Muslim countries.

A hearing has been set for Tuesday on whether to allow or reject the ban.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
Re: Travel Ban
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:28:33 AM »
It could go all the way to the S.C.    It's not a ban on Muslims as there other Muslim countries that are not on the list, those people are free to travel to the U.S.

It's amazing how the media has become the opposition party opposed to anything Trump does, Presidents usually have a honeymoon period of a few months, he didn't even have a few seconds.

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 05:00:17 AM »
I know, he's not getting a moment of peace. Specially over this. And the media sure like to twist the data to make people think the worse.
But moving forward, Trump keeps on his agenda.

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 05:21:55 AM »
Of Course, dragging it out in the court system. May end up in the supreme court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38902650
The order consisted of these things:
Its main components were:

* nationals from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen - even those with visas - banned from entering the US;
    *a temporary ban on all refugee admissions;
    the reprioritisation of minority religion (interpreted to mean Christian) refugee claims;
    *a ban on all Syrian refugees;
   * a cap on total annual refugee admissions to the US of 50,000.
Evidence
When asked to point to evidence that the seven countries affected - Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen - present a risk to the US, he said a number of Somalis in the US had been connected to the al-Shabab group.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 06:12:24 PM »
The 9th appellate court is known for being far left and has had many rulings overturned.    No doubt they will uphold the ruling, so it will go to the S.C.    I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of the Democrats...   

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 05:13:56 AM »
The 9th appellate court is known for being far left and has had many rulings overturned.    No doubt they will uphold the ruling, so it will go to the S.C.    I have to say I'm absolutely disgusted with the behaviour of the Democrats...

:thumbsup: You and me both. I've quit reading and watching most the news these days. I just can't stand what I hear.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 10:40:17 AM »
Not just the democrats but the media which is acting as an opposition party.  They are certainly not fair and balance.

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 11:04:39 AM »
This will go all the way to the Supreme Court and I just cannot see the Supreme Court ruling against the president of the United States.

From my understanding the only way to challenge an executive order is through Congress.
'This isn't getting anything done'. D. Preston

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 05:56:22 AM »
This is so stupid too. It's a temporary ban, nothing more. Trumps wanting to spruce up security at the borders. He's got to start somewhere.

People have been allowed to stay even after they break the laws. Why would anyone come here, break the law, new get properly documented and expect to stay. That just blows my mind. Get legal or leave. Now we have the news running around boohooing about people who break the law, never get convicted and have been allowed to stay without even a hand slap.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-38939472

I feel sorry for this woman, but she didn't even have to pay for her crime.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 10:12:18 AM »
I don't think it will go to the S.C. they will drop it, then re write the order which should exempt people allready with travel docs. and green cards.   What gets me is the court never even addressed the actual clause which gives the Pres. full authority to do this.

As an aside, these riots and violent protests have to stop before it disintegrates into complete anarchy.  They need to accept Trump won, they lost, there will be another election.  I'm appalled at their behaviour.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:16:00 AM by foreveramber »

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »
They didn't want to address the Consitutionality of the ban.  They couldn't fight it on those grounds.

'This isn't getting anything done'. D. Preston

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 05:23:00 AM »
I don't think it will go to the S.C. they will drop it, then re write the order which should exempt people allready with travel docs. and green cards.   What gets me is the court never even addressed the actual clause which gives the Pres. full authority to do this.

As an aside, these riots and violent protests have to stop before it disintegrates into complete anarchy.  They need to accept Trump won, they lost, there will be another election.  I'm appalled at their behaviour.

I agree, they need to re write the order. Probably what will happen.

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status

* Recent Posts

Re: Happy Birthday Jezz (Linda) by Jenna
[Today at 10:36:41 AM]

Re: Netflix - Grace and Frankie by foreveramber
[Today at 10:02:52 AM]

Happy Birthday Jezz (Linda) by Ronald
[Today at 09:51:26 AM]

Re: Sorry haven't been here for awhile by foreveramber
[Today at 09:42:00 AM]

Re: Classic Snack Mix by Ronald
[Today at 09:25:51 AM]