collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: Trump’s attacks on the press are more dangerous than Nixon’s  (Read 482 times)

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
    • http://seniorsworldwide.net/
The reporter who helped expose an infamously paranoid, manipulative and destructive president said Sunday that Richard Nixon had nothing on Donald Trump.

“Trump's attacks on the American press as 'enemies of the American people' are more treacherous than Richard Nixon's attacks on the press," former Washington Post reporter Carl Bernstein said Sunday on CNN.

Trump's comments — made publicly, whereas Nixon attacked his enemies in private — brought to mind “dictators and authoritarians, including Stalin, including Hitler," Bernstein said.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/watergate-reporter-carl-bernstein-trump%E2%80%99s-attacks-on-the-press-are-more-dangerous-than-nixon%E2%80%99s/ar-AAn7gV0?li=AAggNb9

This Trump guy is "sic" what is his problem?

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
Re: Trump’s attacks on the press are more dangerous than Nixon’s
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:54 AM »
He's right.

The press is anything but unbiased.

All you have to do is read the New York Times.

They never have anything good to say since Obama lost.

'This isn't getting anything done'. D. Preston

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
    • http://www.stumpburner.com/forum
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »

CNN is just like that. All they did was campaign for Kilary, and then when Trump won, they are trying their best to destroy him. I have seen where CNN told people on their show that if they started to say bad things about kilray they would shut them off the air. If a group of people were to try to destroy our elected Pres. and our way of life. Would that not be considered a terrorist group? Think about it.

:beast:
thanks Guest for reading my post

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »
You people are blind to the facts. Take a darn good look at this guy, look at his defeatist attitude, to you the people and the news media, this is exactly how a dictator works..

Offline Wild Bill

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
You people are blind to the facts. Take a darn good look at this guy, look at his defeatist attitude, to you the people and the news media, this is exactly how a dictator works..

So who is the dictator, Ron? It seems to me that you are saying that in YOUR opinion the media is correct in their judgement of Trump and therefore their actions are perfectly justified!

There are many folks who disagree. Some would say such attitudes are worse than any of Trump's flaws. To me, today's modern liberals or"progressives" seem intellectually arrogant at best and at worst, outright fascist!

Wild Bill

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 12:44:31 PM »
I agree with you. There are plenty of Trump supporters..

Not only is the news media saying this so are many of the public, through demonstrations. Trump doesn't have a good for for yhe media or for many people, he is so into himself, as he talks to the public he is also talking to himself..

Trump is no where near being a Politician..His actions are not fit for the public, his tirades are unfit also.

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 01:10:41 PM »
I agree with you. There are plenty of Trump supporters..

Not only is the news media saying this so are many of the public, through demonstrations. Trump doesn't have a good for for yhe media or for many people, he is so into himself, as he talks to the public he is also talking to himself..

Trump is no where near being a Politician..His actions are not fit for the public, his tirades are unfit also.

Not to worry.  The American people are extremely adaptable and will muddle through anything.

That's what they did with Obama and the stagnant Congress.

Say what you like.  Trump will be better for Canada than Obama or Hillary even thought of.

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 05:07:41 AM »
I have to agree with you Campy. Trump will pull through this. The media is downright wicked and very biased. He has every right to back lash at them.

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:06:20 AM »

Just take a min. and look at what Kilary and her type of politicians has brought this country too. Nothing but pure corruption from the Dog catcher up to the Pres. and all of congress. Yes! Trump is not a politician. He is a billionaire so he is not doing it for $. I think he is the best thing to happen for the USA in the last 100 or so? years. If he doesn't turn this country around, we are lost. He is the Pres. Lets all support and pray for him, and give him a chance to be a pres.

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 08:36:22 PM »
Well Trump taught them a lesson.

He had a press conference today.

By invitation only.  Watch the screaming now from CNN. They weren't invited. :beast:

Offline QuietMouse

• mood Happy
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 02:47:48 AM »

I dont much about American politics..
all I do know, is that Trump scares me....Im scared he will cause another war....
He is due here in the UK later in the year....
Millions are protesting here.... :shrug:

The more people I meet, the more I love my dog !

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 06:11:43 AM »

By invitation only.  Watch the screaming now from CNN. They weren't invited. :beast:

LOL, and they are screaming too! Maybe they'd better started telling it like it is instead of twisting the stories around to portray something that is not. 

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:31 AM »

all I do know, is that Trump scares me....Im scared he will cause another war....

He doesn't want war anymore than the rest of us. But he is trying to protect us from Muslim terrorists. We just can't ignore the fact that we have terrorist plotting in our country.
He's also trying to stop big corporations from running government. Unlike other presidents, he's actually taking a much needed stance to protect our way of life. If that means ridding corruption in the government as well, then so be it. We have a dwindling middle class of people here. Big money likes that, that gives them power to rule the country. Where are our freedoms when corporations run our lives and thumb us all down into poverty?
We have to give this guy credit for trying and we have to give him time to make changes to protect Americans from government corruption and terrorists.

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2017, 08:17:22 AM »

He doesn't want war anymore than the rest of us. But he is trying to protect us from Muslim terrorists. We just can't ignore the fact that we have terrorist plotting in our country.
He's also trying to stop big corporations from running government. Unlike other presidents, he's actually taking a much needed stance to protect our way of life. If that means ridding corruption in the government as well, then so be it. We have a dwindling middle class of people here. Big money likes that, that gives them power to rule the country. Where are our freedoms when corporations run our lives and thumb us all down into poverty?
We have to give this guy credit for trying and we have to give him time to make changes to protect Americans from government corruption and terrorists.

I agree with this 100%. Good Post

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 11:23:31 AM »

LOL, and they are screaming too! Maybe they'd better started telling it like it is instead of twisting the stories around to portray something that is not.

CNN has no respect for the title of President of the United States unless he is a Democrat.

This is an example of some of their press comments.
thanks to a President who routinely invents facts and utters or tweets outright falsehoods almost daily.

Offline Phillip

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 11:52:13 AM »

The world is already at war with an ideology. The main problem is it's not politically correct to say that.

Think about it this way. How did the world deteriorate to the point of you worrying now ?

What is the ethnic makeup of those protesting? Are the millions native born or do you not know and are happy with numbers?

I believe Rog posted about the ethnic makeup and the concentration of that ethnic group. It pays to understand the why and ignore the hype.

Offline QuietMouse

• mood Happy
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 12:53:46 PM »

Wow...thanks for all your comments, very interesting....

As you know, we in the UK have had Muslim terrorists attacks....

I sometimes wish we had the likes of Trump over here, who speaks their mind, like he does...

Our Country is over-run by Immigrants.....

I try to keep away from London and other City centres now.....and worry about my Grandchildrens future.

Offline Selena

• mood Angelic
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
Well I live in the US and I have 2 wonderful children and 5 grandsons I love and I'm not worried about Trump leading us into a war.

Offline Selena

• mood Angelic
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 02:06:15 PM »
The only war I see happening is the biased left wing media's war against Trump.

I look at CNN every day and all it is anymore is one anti Trump story after another...

I am back to Fox News...I'm a moderate Republican and fox was a little to right leaning for me but their stories seem to be more factual.

They will occasionally also have a story that doesn't flatter Trump and that's fine...if it's true.

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2017, 06:21:45 AM »
The only war I see happening is the biased left wing media's war against Trump.

I look at CNN every day and all it is anymore is one anti Trump story after another...

I am back to Fox News...I'm a moderate Republican and fox was a little to right leaning for me but their stories seem to be more factual.

They will occasionally also have a story that doesn't flatter Trump and that's fine...if it's true.

For awhile there I stopped watching FOX news, they seemed to me on the liberal side. I'm not sure what side they are on anymore. I'm moderate Republican too, I get so tired of the Trump bashing it makes me ill.

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2017, 06:44:50 AM »

Wow...thanks for all your comments, very interesting....

As you know, we in the UK have had Muslim terrorists attacks....

I sometimes wish we had the likes of Trump over here, who speaks their mind, like he does...

Our Country is over-run by Immigrants.....

QM, We all have a right to be fearful with all the immigrants. We don't know the bad from the good among them.
And that's the problem, none were properly investigated before coming into our countries. They could be cooking up bombings as we speak. Even the woman and children are being used as bombers. These people are sick. Just who among the can be trusted? Sure we would all love to give everyone the benefit of a doubt, but look what happened in France. The evil is among us lurking, it's a fearful situation. Someone has to take a stance against them to protect the countries people. Look what Merkel has done, she has put this liberal ideology above her own people. That's not right, not right at all.
To top it all these liberals allow the immigrants to suck the life out of our hard earned welfare systems. So much so that the citizens will be the ones hurting in the end when there isn't anything left to give. At least Trump is fighting for our welfare and not for those who suck the life out of our tax dollars. I would very much like to see my kids be able to retire on the money they put into the system. I would like nothing better than to have a secure retirement myself on all the years I paid into the system. Our system is already broke, so they say. So the money I put in now pays for the immigrants? I'd had been better off stuffing my mattress!

I try to keep away from London and other City centres now.....and worry about my Grandchildrens future.

Offline QuietMouse

• mood Happy
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 07:18:19 AM »

Yes, I agree with you Jezz...we have the same problems here.....

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2017, 07:59:32 AM »

I was reading yesterday where Pres. Trump signed a ex. order where illegals and refuges can't draw welfare. I think he is right in doing this. I also don't think they should vote, or have driver lic. If you are illegal, you belong in jail. If I do some thing illegal. They will throw me in jail. Why not them? Are they above the law like Kilray?

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2017, 02:24:24 PM »
That's what I don't understand, what part of ILLEGAL is not understood, what part of protecting our borders and enacting existing laws is a bad thing?

The biased media and unhinged Trump bashing is so over the top it's almost insanity, the guy was elected, be critical of policy and so on but at least respect the Pres. Office...   IMO if the left doesn't stop with their hysterical antics and violence, we could end up with a civil war.    Many people fear the Republicans as being 'fasicst', they've got it wrong, it's the left who want to suppress any dissenting opinions. 

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 05:12:31 AM »
That's what I don't understand, what part of ILLEGAL is not understood, what part of protecting our borders and enacting existing laws is a bad thing?

The biased media and unhinged Trump bashing is so over the top it's almost insanity, the guy was elected, be critical of policy and so on but at least respect the Pres. Office...   IMO if the left doesn't stop with their hysterical antics and violence, we could end up with a civil war.    Many people fear the Republicans as being 'fasicst', they've got it wrong, it's the left who want to suppress any dissenting opinions.

I can't agree with you more!

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status

* Recent Posts

Re: Happy Birthday Jezz (Linda) by Jenna
[Today at 10:36:41 AM]

Re: Netflix - Grace and Frankie by foreveramber
[Today at 10:02:52 AM]

Happy Birthday Jezz (Linda) by Ronald
[Today at 09:51:26 AM]

Re: Sorry haven't been here for awhile by foreveramber
[Today at 09:42:00 AM]

Re: Classic Snack Mix by Ronald
[Today at 09:25:51 AM]