collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: Trump's speech to congress  (Read 254 times)

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
    • http://seniorsworldwide.net/
Trump's speech to congress
« on: March 01, 2017, 03:07:02 PM »
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump reached for poetry and conjured a vision of common national purpose Tuesday during his first address to Congress, shifting his tone from the dark, searing approach of his previous big speeches to the nation.

Trump adopted a statesmanlike cadence, hitting notes of inspiration. For once, this most unorthodox of politicians struck a conventional presidential posture as he sought to stabilize his administration after a tumultuous five weeks in office.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-congress-speech/index.html

I actually sat and listened to his speech.. Though I can't stand the guy, he did have a pretty good speech..I like others wondered what happened to the real Donald Trump, this Donald had did a complete turn about, was calm as he spoke...He talked like President Trump should have. No rants, no name calling..

In the emotional high point of the speech, Trump turned to the first lady's box and acknowledged Carryn Owens, the widow of a US Navy Special operator, William "Ryan" Owens, who was killed in an anti-terror raid in Yemen in the first major military engagement of the new administration.

This was not true about what he spoke to Mrs. Owens about..This was schedule a long time back, Obama refused to OK this raid, because it was to dangerous, so it was aborted..
But then Trump turned around and OK'd this raid, his first official duties, It was a disaster right from the start, dangerous and no air support for these men, whatever was to go wrong went wrong.. I think he was trying to make her feel good and cover up his own blunder..

Trump did not stop to think before he ok'd this raid..

He did talk about a few things, but he still had to get pass the Republicans, because they are not agreeing to all his ideas..

Offline windywest

• mood Lurking
Re: Trump's speech to congress
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 03:23:24 PM »
IMO Trump was as surprized as everyone else when he won the presidency. He was totally unprepared and out of his comfort zone,  and it showed with his bizarre rants, dumb tweets,  and off topic quips.  Now he's starting to feel a bit comfortable, listening to his handlers and IMO he actually looked presidential last night.  It will be interesting to see how he is in about 6 months, after all the protests and accusations have gone by the wayside.  I suspect a major conflict soon to take the heat off the home fires.

Offline lee

• Administrator
  • VIP
    • mood Amazed
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:43:14 PM »
did not see it....storm caused the satellite to go out

I just find it amazing that there was more press given to Ivanka's choice of dress rather than the speech  :lmaf:

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
IMO Trump was as surprized as everyone else when he won the presidency. He was totally unprepared and out of his comfort zone,  and it showed with his bizarre rants, dumb tweets,  and off topic quips.  Now he's starting to feel a bit comfortable, listening to his handlers and IMO he actually looked presidential last night.  It will be interesting to see how he is in about 6 months, after all the protests and accusations have gone by the wayside.  I suspect a major conflict soon to take the heat off the home fires.

He was actually worth listening to last night, he may just make it..For once President Trump made sense..

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 08:44:39 PM »
did not see it....storm caused the satellite to go out

I just find it amazing that there was more press given to Ivanka's choice of dress rather than the speech  :lmaf:

She was there last night and smiling for a change, and did look good..I didn't see anything gawdy or out of place with the way she was dressed.

Offline QuietMouse

• mood Happy
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 02:40:36 AM »

There was a big difference in the way he spoke and acted....
I wondered if he had aids to help him ...
someone to advise him to be like a President should act.
Im looking forward to his visit to the UK.
The more people I meet, the more I love my dog !

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 04:57:38 AM »
I didn't watch it. I'm hearing it was good however.
I'll have to try and watch a video later when I get some time.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 05:05:50 PM »
Didn't watch the whole thing but do believe he was far more Presidential showing a willingness to bend a little...   hope he keeps it that way.

Having said that, I'm disgusted with the Democrat's behaviour...   they are just embarrassing themselves.    If they want to win in 4 years they need to quit with the hysterics and theatrics. 

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 05:18:01 AM »
Having said that, I'm disgusted with the Democrat's behaviour...   they are just embarrassing themselves.    If they want to win in 4 years they need to quit with the hysterics and theatrics.

I agree, the Dems are looking like arses! Bunch of idiots!

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 11:58:46 AM »
IMO they aren't just trying to undermine him but they are actually attempting a gradual silent coup.  They cannot accept their loss so will continue to obstruct, carry on a witch hunt etc. etc.    They don't deserve to win ...

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 02:47:48 PM »
This is all crap. Your just like Trump is blaming others for his  idiocies. Trump has a problem, even his own people know it.. Sure Trump had a great speech, he was told to change his attitude, sure didn't last very long, back to Twitter blaming and shamming people, what Trump does best..

Trump doesn't know what or how to fix it, so just put the blame on someone else for what is happening..

Sure the Democrats are no angels. Trumps is even blaming Obama now for wiretapping among a few other things going on..

Trump is out to destroy the little man in America.. Did Trump not state during his campaign, that he would destroy wall street, well then why has Trump surrounded himself will all the millionaires from wall street in his cabinet..

How many times have you heard someone who said something that is mean, vindictive and hurtful -- or committed a violent and/or destructive act  -- justify it by saying the recipient had 'made' the perpetrator mad?

That's an example of using blame to excuse your own bad behavior.

http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/blameBadBehavior.htm

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
Did Trump not state he would destroy Wall Street?

Er. No. Where did you get that crazy idea?
'This isn't getting anything done'. D. Preston

Online Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 09:27:40 PM »
Did Trump not state he would destroy Wall Street?

Er. No. Where did you get that crazy idea?
Wall Street probably wasn't expecting to find a friend in President Trump, the populist candidate who vowed the industry would no longer "get away with murder."

On the campaign trail, Trump slammed Wall Street for causing "tremendous problems" and promised to "drain the swamp" in part by breaking up the biggest banks. Trump knocked Hillary Clinton's paid speeches to Wall Street and villainized Goldman Sachs in his closing campaign ad.

Yet Wall Street is enjoying an incredible reversal of fortunes in Washington now that Trump has replaced former President Obama, who famously called bank CEOs "fat cats."

Yep Trump is right in their hip pockets now..

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 07:35:24 AM »
Seriously, How do we know what's true and what's not anymore? All kinds of crap is being said. It's not only a continuation of ridiculous it's down right nasty back stabbing. As I see it, this is the kind of thing that has to stop. It makes our countries leaders look like idiot children. How is anyone supposed to respect our government officials?
Such stupid stuff! The media included!

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 10:25:07 AM »
Quote from: Ronald
Yep Trump is right in their hip pockets now..

Ho so?   How could Trump be in the pockets of Wall St., I sure don't understand that one.

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status

* Recent Posts

Re: Happy Birthday Jezz (Linda) by Jenna
[Today at 10:36:41 AM]

Re: Netflix - Grace and Frankie by foreveramber
[Today at 10:02:52 AM]

Happy Birthday Jezz (Linda) by Ronald
[Today at 09:51:26 AM]

Re: Sorry haven't been here for awhile by foreveramber
[Today at 09:42:00 AM]

Re: Classic Snack Mix by Ronald
[Today at 09:25:51 AM]