collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: US strike on Syria is widely hailed, but angers Russia  (Read 210 times)

Offline Ronald

• Administrator
    • mood Energetic
    • http://seniorsworldwide.net/
US strike on Syria is widely hailed, but angers Russia
« on: April 07, 2017, 10:19:10 AM »
BEIRUT (AP) — World leaders rallied around the United States after it launched a missile strike early Friday on a Syrian air base in response to this week's chemical attack, while Russia condemned the move as "aggression" and suspended crucial coordination with Washington in Syria's congested skies.

The overnight missile attack, which marked the first time the U.S. has directly targeted Syrian President Bashar Assad's forces, was condemned by his allies in Russia and Iran but welcomed by the Syrian opposition and its supporters, who expressed hope it signaled a turning point in the devastating six-year-old civil war.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/us-strike-on-syria-is-widely-hailed-but-angers-russia/ar-BBzvywE?li=AAggNb9

I was surprised last night when listening to CNN news, that Trump agreed to hit Syria with about 60 tomahawk missiles..I did notice the day Trump was talking about the chemical attack he was quite taken about seeing kids laying dead along with adults..

I do not personally care for Trump or his arrogant and erratic ways of thinking, but I have to give him credit for what the actions he has taken, it has shown the world that he also has another side to him, just I admire him for..

Now Russia and Iran do not agree that the USA should have done this.. Why would they disagree when a dictator gases his own people, Assad is responsible for the killing of over 4000,000 of his own people.

Back in 2013 he gassed his people killing a lot of them.. A agreement was then put in place by the Geneva Convention, that all of the weapons of mass destruction were to be destroyed. Russia was in charge of removing all the weapons of mass destruction from Syria, either they didn't bother doing this or Assad had some hidden.

Assad was not to ever use these weapons again, and he went against the rules laid against him. Assad has gotten away with this for a long time, and not one country has taken him to task on this..

Assad needs to stand on trail in front of the Geneva Convention board and be tried for all his actions of killing all his peoples..Assad has to be removed for his dictatorship, but who would step up to take over, of course ISIS..

I have no clue if the USA has any further actions, of more hits or not, time will tell..

What are your thoughts on this..

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
Re: US strike on Syria is widely hailed, but angers Russia
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:31:33 AM »
Yesterday, Hillary Clinton called for a strike on Syria...  then I saw a tweet from Trump saying:   no strikes on Syria as rebels are just as bad  (something like that), next thing I know, he's hitting them.   He did give Russia a warning so they could get their planes off the field.

I guess morally we have to protect the innocent but heck, the rebels are as bad as the Hassad - what do we do now?   

As an aside, Trudeau has pledged to give Syria nearly 8.4 million in humanitarian aid.  Who does that go to and who will see that it helps the people, not to mention, where is that money coming from?

Offline Rog

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »
There is a whole lot more about the release of nerve agents that is not being made known.  It makes absolutely no sense for the Syrian government to launch an attack of this sort.  Certainly not at this time.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.   (Douglas Adams)

Offline Phillip

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 11:35:28 AM »
With the thousands of Syrians  that have fled to stay alive, maybe all that foot traffic leaving Syria has dusted off that red line in the sand Obama drew.

The tough choices are what a president faces, in this instance continuing to stand by and do nothing choice was not what happened.

Offline windywest

• mood Lurking
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 12:18:32 PM »
I think the gassing of the Syrian civilians was a measured and planned attack to goad the US into another confrontation.  After the lame red line fiasco response from Obama, Trump's ratings will become more positive,  if nothing else he's known as a man of action (positive and negative).

Offline Ronald

• Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
I don't think Syria or Russia is trying to goad America.. Assad is one crazy nut of a person..Assad should be brought up and all these genocide incidents, he surely is guilty of plenty of them..

Trump once told Obama he had to get the permission from Congress before any strikes, yet Trump did exactly the opposite, he did not get Congress's permission to set this strike in action..

The more I read, the more disappointed Trump followers are.. I feel Trump did the proper thing, something has to be done to stop Assad, this guy is a monster..

Offline Rog

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 04:17:11 PM »
I disagree.  Assad has been subject of terrible vilification by a lying murderous enemy.  Time and again accusations have been leveled against the Assad government and time and again they have soon after been proven to be false. 
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.   (Douglas Adams)

Offline Ronald

• Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2017, 04:59:53 PM »
I disagree.  Assad has been subject of terrible vilification by a lying murderous enemy.  Time and again accusations have been leveled against the Assad government and time and again they have soon after been proven to be false.

So you are claiming these people in Syria were not killed by weapons of mass destruction, they were not gassed..

What happened to the 475,000 citizens of Syria that died before, they were not shot to death or gassed..either. Well maybe it's a good thing they all just dropped dead then..

Offline Rog

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 05:14:07 PM »
There's little doubt that people were exposed to sarin but how, why, and by who are very open questions. As for the death toll in Syria when a nation is attacked by not rebels nor a legitimate opposition but by Muslim hoards there will be a huge death toll. 

Offline jezz

• mood Creative
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2017, 05:01:26 AM »
Why is it that Russia supports Assad? Should we worry about what Russia will do now?

Offline Rog

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2017, 07:39:16 AM »
Why is it that Russia supports Assad? Should we worry about what Russia will do now?

Russia, indeed the whole of the Russian Federation support Assad because the same Islamic forces attacking Syria are attacking the Russian Federation states to the South.  Pretty soon the world will either wake up or be woken up.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »
There's little doubt that people were exposed to sarin but how, why, and by who are very open questions. As for the death toll in Syria when a nation is attacked by not rebels nor a legitimate opposition but by Muslim hoards there will be a huge death toll.

I have to wonder about all of this, especially after reading this which points to the rebels using the gas, not Assad.  I don't consider the rebels the 'good guys', they are just as bad as Assad.  Call me naive and don't suggest that I support Assad's methods etc., but it was his country, it was the rebels who started this. 

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/05/un-sources-say-rebel-forces-not-assad-used-sarin-gas/315588/

Offline maryrose

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 03:59:42 PM »

Do you think the so -called love affairs between President Trump and Putin has changed? These politicians drive me nuts.
I get tired of hearing about muslims being peaceful people. Not the leaders for sure, the average muslim, who knows. I can't relate.
Do you think this is Bible prophecy?

:shrug:

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
It will have changed, in fact, it puts a lie to the whole naratIve about trump and putin.

Offline jezz

• mood Creative
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2017, 04:45:31 AM »

Russia, indeed the whole of the Russian Federation support Assad because the same Islamic forces attacking Syria are attacking the Russian Federation states to the South.  Pretty soon the world will either wake up or be woken up.
Thanks Rog.

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.

* Recent Posts

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by lee
[Today at 03:32:12 PM]

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by Selena
[Today at 03:12:45 PM]

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by Selena
[Today at 03:06:23 PM]

Re: Limericks by lee
[Today at 02:59:18 PM]

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by lee
[Today at 02:55:07 PM]