collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: What countries/provinces have you lived in and which did you prefer?  (Read 54 times)

Offline Swing

I was born and raised in n/central Sask.  I left at age 21 and ventured to Vernon B.C, in the Okanagan.  I thought i was in heaven with all the beautiful  lakes and fruit orchards.  I met and married by Dh who was in the RCMP there at the time.  We were posted to Vancouver, back to Penticton, then Victoria and from there to Ottawa for 8 years.  DH took early retirement in Ottawa when he graduated with his MBA, and took a job with the Feds. in treasury board.  We moved back west in 1988 to Edmonton as his parents lived in S.Ab.  We've now been here 29 years this year, the longest we've lived anywhere! My favourite place remains the Okanagan of B.C.

How about your fave. place to live?

Offline windywest

• mood Lurking
Re: What countries/provinces have you lived in and which did you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 09:22:39 PM »
Good subject !  I left my backwoods Ontario home to seek my fame and fortune at 19, and am still looking.  I spent about 3 years in Toronto,  transferred to Edmonton for 2 yrs, worked in Winnipeg and area for a year, then back to Edmonton, changed companies and worked in Calgary for 7 yrs, Lethbridge for 10 yrs with a year in the US, back to Calgary for 5 yrs, the Dinosaur valley for 15 yrs, and now back to the Lethbridge area.  I've found in my travels and transfers that you can never go back to the previous place and think everything will be the same. Former friends find other friends in your absence, people change, die, move,  and situations are never the same.  Every time I go back to the area I grew up in, I realize after a week of visiting and seeing former friends and neighbours, the reason I left in the first place.  Some people are trees with roots that never leave where they grew up, others are seeds blowing in the wind. (lots of wind where I'm living now   :coffeetime: )

Offline Ronald

• Administrator
    • mood Energetic
    • http://seniorsworldwide.net/
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »
Well as windwest say's, I guess I am a tree with roots.. Born and raised in Windsor Ontario, have moved to different locations, but all within the same area..Lived in the same little hick town now for over 25 years..

Online lee

• Administrator
    • mood Amazed
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 06:34:06 AM »
I lived in one house in Windsor for 28 years but we always kept a getaway place in Peterborough. When hubby retired we made a permanent move there but then returned to Windsor.

Then back to Peterborough, back to Windsor, it was getting that the truck was sick of making U turns

I have thought about returning to Peterborough but as Windy said you have to realize that what "was" is no more and think about the reasons you left.

At the moment I have been tossing around the idea of moving to Chatham, Ontario which is just about 40 minutes away and is a senior town. But Hubs wants to stay put and his health says maybe he should.

I will content myself with a few day trips.

Offline greenleaves

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 12:09:24 PM »
My mother moved to Rawdon, Que., where I did my elementary
schooling.  Then to Montreal for high school and then to college
in the Eastern Townships.  Back to Montreal, took a business
course, meet and married my husband.  We moved to and
lived in Dorval, Que. for over 30 years, where we brought up
our daughter and son.
Moved to Baie d'Urfe Que. where we had a lovely big house
and large garden.
Finally moved to the senior residence in Pointe Claire, Que.
My husband passed away soon after moving here, but I
still have a lovely apartment where I live with my cat Callie.
So, as you can see, I have always lived in Quebec, even
though I do not speak French!

Offline Hic

• Administrator
    • mood Cheerful
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 12:30:10 PM »
born in sussex,age 4 to knotting green,then to Bedford,,lived in dortmond Germany 3yrs,then duisberg Germany 3 yrs,back to Bedford,,then to llandysul wales,brechfa wales,pentre-cwrt wales,cardigan wales now in kidwelly wales.

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.

* Recent Posts

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by lee
[Today at 03:32:12 PM]

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by Selena
[Today at 03:12:45 PM]

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by Selena
[Today at 03:06:23 PM]

Re: Limericks by lee
[Today at 02:59:18 PM]

Re: Do You Refrigerate Your Butter? by lee
[Today at 02:55:07 PM]