collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* Holidays

Author Topic: Daily Scriptures  (Read 7048 times)

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
    • http://www.stumpburner.com/forum
Re: Daily Scriptures
« Reply #775 on: April 13, 2017, 11:30:58 AM »

Thursday, April 13

You who have followed me will sit on 12 thrones, judging the 12 tribes of Israel.—Matt. 19:28.

Jesus said the above words to help Peter and other disciples to imagine the future. They could thus contemplate their role in the government that would rule over the earth and bring grand blessings to obedient mankind. Jehovah’s earthly servants have always benefited from thinking about the fulfillment of divine promises. Abel knew enough about God’s purposes to envision a better future, exercise faith, and embrace a reliable hope. Abraham’s outstanding acts of faith were possible because he “saw” something about the fulfillment of God’s prophecy concerning the promised “offspring.” (Gen. 3:15) Moses “looked intently toward the payment of the reward,” acting in faith and growing in love for Jehovah. (Heb. 11:26) Our own faith in God and love for him can help us to envision what Jehovah has promised. w15 5/15 3:17, 18

Memorial Bible reading: (Daytime events: Nisan 15) Matthew 27:62-66

:beast:
thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #776 on: April 14, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »

Friday, April 14

Christ . . .
a model for you to follow his steps closely.—1 Pet. 2:21.

In line with the model Jesus provided, a Christian who wants to grow spiritually will not be satisfied with a superficial knowledge of the Bible. He will regularly dig deeply into its contents, realizing that “solid food belongs to mature people.” (Heb. 5:14) Clearly, a mature Christian wants to have “accurate knowledge of the Son of God.” (Eph. 4:13) Do you schedule daily Bible reading? Do you follow a routine of personal study, making every effort to set aside time each week for family worship? As you consider God’s Word, be alert to Scriptural principles that will help you to see more clearly how Jehovah thinks and feels. Then try to apply Bible principles, relying on them when you make decisions, thus drawing ever closer to Jehovah. w15 9/15 1:5, 9, 10

Memorial Bible reading: (Daytime events: Nisan 16) Luke 24:1-12

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #777 on: April 15, 2017, 08:40:19 AM »

Saturday, April 15

Christ is the power of God.—1 Cor. 1:24.

Jesus fully understands earth’s ecology. He knows how to use, manage, and distribute earth’s resources fairly and properly. When on earth, Jesus showed that he is “the power of God” by exercising control over the forces of nature. Picture the scene: Christ is exhausted from his demanding ministry. The waves are pounding the ship, hurling spray and foam into the boat. Yet, despite the noise of the storm and the violent pitching of the boat, Jesus continues to sleep. His body needs rest. The frightened disciples wake Jesus up and exclaim: “We are about to perish!” (Matt. 8:25) Rousing himself, Jesus commands the wind and the sea with the words: “Hush! Be quiet!” and the raging wind stops. (Mark 4:39) Jesus is, in effect, commanding the wind and the sea to be quiet and to stay that way. The result? “A great calm set in.” What power Jesus displays! w15 6/15 1:12-14

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #778 on: April 16, 2017, 07:38:46 AM »

Sunday, April 16

Give us today our bread for this day.—Matt. 6:11.

In referring to our daily bread, Jesus likely meant our immediate needs. Thus, he went on to show how God clothes the wildflowers, and then he said: “Will he not much rather clothe you, you with little faith?” He concluded by repeating this important advice: “Never be anxious about the next day.” (Matt. 6:30-34) This shows that rather than be materialistic, we should be content with our basic daily needs. Such needs may include suitable accommodations, employment to provide for our family, and wisdom to cope with health concerns. If we were to pray only for such physical needs, however, it would indicate an imbalance. We have spiritual needs that are of much greater importance. “Man must live,” said our Master, “not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from Jehovah’s mouth.” (Matt. 4:4) So we should continue to pray that Jehovah will keep on feeding us with timely spiritual food. w15 6/15 5:4, 7, 8

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #779 on: April 17, 2017, 06:12:17 AM »

Monday, April 17

Do not bring us into temptation.—Matt. 6:13.

Do we regularly petition God to help us maintain our integrity when we are faced with temptation? Our upbringing or our past conduct may have developed in us a liking for practices that Jehovah condemns. Even then, he can help us to bring about necessary changes so that we can continue to serve him acceptably. King David recognized this. After he had committed adultery with Bath-sheba, David implored Jehovah: “Create in me a pure heart, . . . and put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one.” (Ps. 51:10, 12) Sinful conduct may strongly appeal to our fallen flesh, but Jehovah can stir within us a willing spirit, the desire to obey him. Even if wrong desires are deeply rooted and tend to crowd out our chaste thoughts, Jehovah can guide our steps so that we can obey his commandments and succeed in living by them. He can prevent anything harmful from dominating us.—Ps. 119:133. w15 6/15 3:5, 6

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #780 on: April 19, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »

Wednesday, April 19

They are no part of the world.—John 17:16.

Loyalty and neutrality are always issues for true Christians, not just in times of war. Why? Because all who are dedicated to Jehovah have promised him their love, loyalty, and obedience. (1 John 5:3) We want to abide by God’s righteous standards wherever we live and whatever our background, nationality, or culture. Loyalty to Jehovah and to his Kingdom transcends any other attachment we may have. (Matt. 6:33) Such loyalty requires that Christians remain separate from all conflicts and controversies of this world. (Isa. 2:4; John 17:11, 15, 16) People who do not share our faith may feel a special loyalty to their country, tribe, or culture or even to their national sports team. Challenges to such loyalties have resulted in competition and rivalry and, in extreme cases, bloodshed and genocide. It would be all too easy to take sides in worldly issues and be drawn into controversy. w15 7/15 3:1, 2

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #781 on: April 22, 2017, 06:28:17 AM »

Saturday, April 22

All those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted.—2 Tim. 3:12.

For entertainment, many people view or practice things that the Bible identifies as violent, sexually immoral, spiritistic, or ungodly in other ways. For instance, the Internet, television programs, movies, novels, and magazine articles often present violence and immorality in a favorable light. Behavior once considered unacceptable has even been legalized in some places. But that does not make such conduct acceptable to God. (Rom. 1:28-32) In the first century, Jesus’ followers shunned unclean entertainment. Because of this and their godly conduct in general, they were maligned and persecuted by others. “They are puzzled that you [Christians] do not continue running with them in the same decadent course of debauchery,” wrote the apostle Peter, “so they speak abusively of you.”—1 Pet. 4:4. w15 8/15 4:2, 3

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #782 on: April 23, 2017, 08:10:34 AM »

Sunday, April 23

When each respective member functions properly, this contributes to the growth of the body as it builds itself up in love.—Eph. 4:16.

A mature servant of Jehovah promotes unity within the congregation. (Eph. 4:1-6, 15) It is our goal that God’s people be “harmoniously joined together” and that all members cooperate with one another. According to Jehovah’s Word, to achieve this unity, we need humility. A mature brother or sister has the humility to work for unity, even when facing the imperfections of others. How do you react when confronted with the imperfection of a brother or sister in the congregation? Or what if you personally are wronged by someone in the congregation? Is it your inclination, or even your pattern, to build a wall, so to speak, that separates you from the offender? Or do you try to construct a bridge across the gap between the two of you? A mature Christian wants to—yes, strives to—build bridges, not walls. Do you have the goal of promoting unity in the congregation? w15 9/15 1:12, 13

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2017, 05:29:15 AM »

Monday, April 24

Your word is truth.—John 17:17.

Jesus was convinced that the Bible is God’s Word, which provides the best guidance in life. Following Jesus’ example, we must read the Bible daily, study it, and meditate on what we learn. Along with general Bible study, dig into topics about which you may have questions. To illustrate, you might increase your conviction that the end of this system of things really is near by studying in detail the Scriptural proof that we live in the last days. Strengthen your trust in the Bible’s promises for the future by investigating its many prophecies that have already come true. Develop your confidence in the practical value of the Bible by considering examples of how the Bible improves people’s lives. (1 Thess. 2:13) You can also imitate Jesus by meditating on the wonderful promises Jehovah has made to you. (Heb. 12:2) See these as God’s promises not just to mankind in general but to you personally. w15 9/15 3:16, 17

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #784 on: April 25, 2017, 08:37:44 AM »

Tuesday, April 25

Honor Jehovah with your valuable things.—Prov. 3:9.

What are some ways that we can show our love for God? Obviously, we can use our material things to support the Kingdom work locally and worldwide. This is certainly a fine way to express love for Jehovah, whether we have much or little materially. (2 Cor. 8:12) There are, however, other ways to show Jehovah that we love him. Recall Jesus’ reminder to his followers not to be anxious about food and clothing but to keep on seeking first the Kingdom. He said that the Father knows what we really need. (Matt. 6:31-33) The degree to which we trust that promise is an indication of the depth of our love for Jehovah because love and trust go hand in hand. We cannot truly love someone whom we do not trust. (Ps. 143:8) So we might ask ourselves: ‘Do the goals I pursue and my way of life reflect that I truly love Jehovah? Do my actions day in and day out show that I trust his ability to care for my needs?’ w15 9/15 5:7, 8

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #785 on: April 27, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »

Thursday, April 27

Let us also throw off every weight.—Heb. 12:1.

Paul focused on “the more important things” and slaved in God’s service, traveling back and forth between Syria, Asia Minor, Macedonia, and Judea. “Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pressing on toward the goal for the prize,” wrote Paul. (Phil. 1:10; 3:8, 13, 14) Taking full advantage of his singleness, Paul succeeded in being in “constant devotion to the Lord without distraction.” (1 Cor. 7:32-35) Like Paul, some servants of God choose to remain single so that they have fewer family responsibilities and can devote themselves to Kingdom service. (Matt. 19:11, 12) Married servants of God often have more extensive family responsibilities. But whether single or married, all can “throw off every weight” and serve God with as few distractions as possible. This may require cutting down on time-wasting habits and setting goals to increase the time spent in the service of God. w15 10/15 3:15, 16

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #786 on: April 28, 2017, 07:29:39 AM »

Friday, April 28

Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse.—2 Tim. 3:13.

History has demonstrated beyond any doubt the truthfulness of what the Bible says: “I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” (Jer. 10:23) No, Jehovah did not create humans with the ability or the right to direct their affairs independent of him. In addition to showing how futile human rule is, God’s temporary permission of wickedness serves another long-range purpose. It provides permanent testimony that only God’s rule can be successful. After Jehovah destroys wickedness and those who cause it, if anyone ever again would challenge Jehovah’s way of ruling in love, there would be no need for God to permit the challenge to stand. He could use what has happened in mankind’s history as the just reason to remove such rebels quickly, not allowing them to establish wickedness once again. w15 11/15 3:5, 6

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #787 on: April 29, 2017, 10:03:14 AM »

Saturday, April 29

May the God of peace . . . equip you with every good thing to do his will.—Heb. 13:20, 21.

Jesus loved to talk about God’s Kingdom. According to the Bible record, he spoke more about the Kingdom than about any other subject—referring to it more than 100 times during his ministry. The Kingdom was truly dear to his heart. (Matt. 12:34) Shortly after his resurrection, Jesus met with more than 500 prospective Kingdom proclaimers. (1 Cor. 15:6) Perhaps it was on that occasion that he gave the command to take the Kingdom message to “people of all the nations”—a daunting task back then! This great work, Jesus foretold, would be carried on right up to “the conclusion of the system of things,” and that has proved to be the case. Quite likely you are having a share in the fulfillment of that commission and prophecy. (Matt. 28:19, 20) And our God has equipped us with “every good thing” to help us fulfill that commission. w15 11/15 5:1-3

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #788 on: May 01, 2017, 08:24:58 AM »

Monday, May 1

They . . . [were] amazed at the gracious words coming out of his mouth.—Luke 4:22.

We can imitate Jesus’ gracious speech by being kind, courteous, and considerate of others’ feelings. Seeing the effort a crowd made to hear him speak, Jesus was moved with pity and “started to teach them many things.” (Mark 6:34) Even when he was being insulted, Jesus did not resort to harsh speech. (1 Pet. 2:23) Speaking with mildness and tact can be a challenge when our listener is someone whom we know very well. We might feel at liberty to be very frank. That can be true whether we speak with a family member or a close friend in the congregation. Did Jesus feel that his close relationship with his disciples granted him liberty to speak harshly to them? Not at all! When his closest followers continued to argue over who was greater, Jesus corrected them with kind words and an illustration of a young child. (Mark 9:33-37) Elders can imitate Jesus’ example by giving counsel “in a spirit of mildness.”—Gal. 6:1. w15 12/15 3:15, 16

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #789 on: May 02, 2017, 09:00:00 AM »

Tuesday, May 2

Let your brotherly love continue.—Heb. 13:1.

Why is it vital that we let our brotherly love continue? The simple answer is that Jehovah requires us to show brotherly love to one another. We cannot claim to love God and at the same time refuse to love our brothers. (1 John 4:7, 20, 21) Additionally, we need one another. This is especially true in times of trouble. Paul knew that some of the Hebrew Christians to whom he was writing would soon need to leave their homes and material possessions. Jesus had described how difficult that time would be. (Mark 13:14-18; Luke 21:21-23) So more than ever before, those Christians needed to strengthen their affection for one another. (Rom. 12:9) Soon the destructive winds of the greatest tribulation of all time will be released. (Mark 13:19; Rev. 7:1-3) It is not enough for us just to meet together regularly. Paul reminded the Hebrew Christians that they should use such occasions to incite one another “to love and fine works.”—Heb. 10:24, 25. w16.01 1:6-8

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #790 on: May 03, 2017, 03:45:09 PM »

Wednesday, May 3

They all became filled with holy spirit.—Acts 2:4.

The year was 33 C.E., and it was the day of Pentecost. In an upper room in Jerusalem, a group of about 120 Christians were gathered together, “persisting in prayer.” (Acts 1:13-15) What was about to happen to them fulfilled a prophecy uttered by the prophet Joel. (Joel 2:28-32; Acts 2:16-21) God’s holy spirit was poured out on that group of Christians who were gathered in the upper room. (Acts 1:8) They started to prophesy, or bear witness, concerning the wonderful things they had seen and heard. To a multitude that soon gathered, the apostle Peter explained the significance of what had happened. Then he told his audience: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” Altogether about 3,000 accepted the invitation that day, were baptized, and received the promised holy spirit.—Acts 2:37, 38, 41. w16.01 3:1-3

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #791 on: May 04, 2017, 08:13:28 AM »

Thursday, May 4

Whoever eats the loaf or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily will be guilty respecting the body and the blood of the Lord.—1 Cor. 11:27.

What point is the apostle Paul here making? An anointed Christian would partake unworthily if he did not maintain a good relationship with Jehovah. (Heb. 6:4-6; 10:26-29) Such a warning helps anointed Christians to remember that they have not yet taken hold of the reward. They need to continue to press on “toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God by means of Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 3:13-16) Under inspiration, Paul appealed to anointed Christians “to walk worthily of the calling with which [they] were called.” How should this be done? Paul goes on to say “with all humility and mildness, with patience, putting up with one another in love, earnestly endeavoring to maintain the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.” (Eph. 4:1-3) Jehovah’s spirit promotes humility, not pride.—Col. 3:12. w16.01 4:5, 6

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #792 on: May 05, 2017, 07:59:50 AM »

Friday, May 5

God put Abraham to the test.—Gen. 22:1.

Picture an elderly man trudging up a mountainside. He is making what must be the hardest journey of his life. It is not his age that makes this trek so daunting. Abraham may be about 125 years old, but he is still vigorous. Following him is a younger man, perhaps 25 years of age. It is his son Isaac, who is carrying firewood. Abraham has a knife and the means to start a fire. Jehovah has asked him to sacrifice his own son! (Gen. 22:1-8) Abraham was facing what was likely the greatest test of his faith. Abraham did not obey God blindly. Instead, he obeyed because he could see. With eyes of genuine faith, he saw that his heavenly Father, Jehovah, never asks His faithful servants to do anything that will result in their lasting harm. Abraham knew that if he obeyed Jehovah, his God would bless him and his beloved son. On what was that faith based? On knowledge and experience. w16.02 1:3, 4

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #793 on: May 07, 2017, 11:53:38 AM »

Sunday, May 7

Hushai the Archite was there to meet him, with his robe ripped apart and dirt on his head.—2 Sam. 15:32.

A man named Hushai needed courage to be loyal to God. Hushai was a loyal friend of King David. However, his loyalty was tested when David’s son Absalom won the heart of many and sought to take Jerusalem and the throne. (2 Sam. 15:13; 16:15) David fled the city, but what would Hushai do? Would he switch his loyalty to Absalom, or would he follow the elderly king who was fleeing for his life? Resolved to be loyal to the king appointed by God, Hushai met David on the Mount of Olives. (2 Sam. 15:30) David asked Hushai to go back to Jerusalem, to pretend to be Absalom’s friend, and to frustrate the advice of Ahithophel. Risking his very life, Hushai proved loyal to Jehovah and did what David asked him to do. Just as David had prayed, the counsel of courageous Hushai did frustrate that of Ahithophel.—2 Sam. 15:31; 17:14. w16.02 4:15, 16

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #794 on: May 10, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »

Wednesday, May 10

I will discipline you to the proper degree.—Jer. 30:11.

King Azariah “continued to do what was right in Jehovah’s eyes.” Yet, “Jehovah afflicted the king, and he remained a leper until the day of his death.” (2 Ki. 15:1-5) Why? The account does not say. Should this disturb us or cause us to wonder whether Jehovah punished Azariah without due cause? Not if we have an intimate knowledge of Jehovah’s ways. King Azariah was also known as King Uzziah. (2 Ki. 15:7, 32) In the parallel account at 2 Chronicles 26:3-5, 16-21, we learn that although Uzziah did what was right in Jehovah’s eyes for a time, later in life “his heart became haughty to his own ruin.” Presumptuously, he attempted to perform priestly duties that were outside the scope of his authority. Eighty-one priests confronted him and endeavored to correct him. How did Uzziah respond? He demonstrated how proud he had become. He “became enraged” against the priests. No wonder Jehovah struck him with leprosy! w15 4/15 3:8, 9

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #795 on: May 11, 2017, 07:51:50 AM »

Thursday, May 11

Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth.—Rev. 12:9.

As noted above, Satan is called Devil, meaning “Slanderer.” This reminds us that Satan has defamed Jehovah by calling him a liar. The words “the original serpent” bring to mind that tragic day in Eden when Satan used a snake to deceive Eve. The expression “the great dragon” brings to mind thoughts of a terrifying monster and aptly fits Satan’s savage craving to obstruct Jehovah’s purpose and destroy His people. Clearly, Satan poses the greatest threat to our integrity. For good reason, the Bible admonishes us: “Keep your senses, be watchful! Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour someone.” (1 Pet. 5:8) Satan no doubt rejoices when one of God’s servants becomes stained with serious sin and may use such victories to taunt Jehovah.—Prov. 27:11. w15 5/15 1:3, 4, 10

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #796 on: May 13, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »

Saturday, May 13

If one member suffers, all the other members suffer with it.—1 Cor. 12:26.

It is not always easy to understand the pain that others are experiencing. Many people face difficulties that we have never known. Some are challenged physically because of injury, disease, or aging. Others are coping with emotional trials because of depression, panic attacks, or the aftereffects of abuse. Still others are part of a religiously divided family or a single-parent household. Everyone faces some problem, and often it is one we ourselves have not experienced. In such a case, how can we imitate God’s love? By listening intently until we understand the other person’s feelings, at least to some extent. This will move us to imitate Jehovah’s love by acting according to the need. The need is different with each individual, but we may be able to provide spiritual encouragement and some other practical help.—Rom. 12:15; 1 Pet. 3:8. w15 5/15 4:6, 7

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #797 on: May 14, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »

Sunday, May 14

Christ is the power of God.—1 Cor. 1:24.

The Source of Christ’s power is Jehovah himself, so we have reason to believe that Almighty God is fully capable of controlling the forces of nature. Consider a few examples. Before the Flood, Jehovah stated: “In just seven days, I will make it rain on the earth for 40 days and 40 nights.” (Gen. 7:4) Similarly, at Exodus 14:21, we read: “Jehovah drove the sea back with a strong east wind.” And we read at Jonah 1:4: “Jehovah hurled a strong wind at the sea, and there was such a violent storm on the sea that the ship was about to be wrecked.” It is encouraging to know that Jehovah can control the elements. Clearly, planet Earth’s future is in good hands. How wonderful it is to think of the time when no natural forces will kill or maim, for “the tent of God [will be] with mankind”! (Rev. 21:3, 4) We can be assured that the power of God exercised through Christ will control the forces of nature during the Millennium. w15 6/15 1:15, 16

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #798 on: May 15, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »

Monday, May 15

Stay far away from [the immoral woman]; do not go near the entrance of her house.—Prov. 5:8.

The danger of disregarding this counsel is illustrated in Proverbs chapter 7, where we read about a young man who goes for a stroll near the house of an immoral woman. They engage in sexual immorality. If only he had stayed far away from her! (Prov. 7:6-27) Might we at times show a similar lack of good judgment, perhaps straying into dangerous situations that could awaken wrong desires? For example, at night, television networks may relax their restrictions on program content. What if we occasionally channel surf? Or perhaps we might aimlessly follow links on the Internet or frequent chat rooms and sites that carry invitations to view pornography or offer other sexual services. Could it be that in such circumstances we would be confronted with something that would arouse improper desires and undermine our fight to remain chaste? w15 6/15 3:8, 9

Offline beast

• Arcade Manager
  • So What
    • mood Amused
« Reply #799 on: May 16, 2017, 06:38:37 AM »

Tuesday, May 16

Forgive us our debts.—Matt. 6:12.

Why did Jesus use the word “debts,” whereas on a later occasion, he spoke of “sins”? (Matt. 6:12; Luke 11:4) Over 60 years ago, The Watchtower nicely explained: “A sin of transgression against God’s law puts us in debt to him. . . . For our sin God could demand and exact our lives. . . . He could withdraw his peace from us, breaking off all peaceful relations with us. . . . We owe him love, expressed in obedience; and when we sin we fail in paying our debt of love to him, for sin is unloving toward God.” (1 John 5:3) Our daily need for forgiveness highlights the only legal basis on which God can cancel our sins—Jesus’ ransom sacrifice. Though this ransom was paid nearly 2,000 years ago, we should cherish it as if it were a gift given today. “The ransom price” for our lives “is so precious” that nothing any imperfect human could do for us would come near to paying it.—Ps. 49:7-9; 1 Pet. 1:18, 19. w15 6/15 5:9, 10

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status

* Recent Posts

Memorial Day by Ronald
[Today at 11:35:43 PM]

Spring Bank Holiday in the United Kingdom by Ronald
[Today at 11:32:02 PM]

Re: Make Four Words by Phillip
[Today at 10:09:00 PM]

Re: Report on UK Migrants by Ronald
[Today at 08:21:17 PM]

Re: The United States of insanity by Ronald
[Today at 08:13:46 PM]