collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: Is Your House Haunted? Or Just Dirty?  (Read 446 times)

Offline Maverick

• Admin-Emeritus
  • VIP
Is Your House Haunted? Or Just Dirty?
« on: January 08, 2017, 02:06:48 AM »
My house is not dirty but I swear it is haunted.  I put something down and it disappears - sometimes I find the item and other times it is never found.  I spend half my waking hours looking for stuff.  Things just seem to disappear.   :3zt:

Is Your House Haunted? Or Just Dirty?
Put away the Ouija board and take out the Pledge.

Ghostbusters at Clarkson University in New York are investigating the link between indoor air quality and ghostly sightings, according to Medical Daily. They say toxic mold can trigger psychosis and that might cause you to see and hear things that go bump in the night.

The more sensitive you are to mold, the more likely you may think you’re up against a poltergeist, the website reports.

“Hauntings are very widely reported phenomena that are not well-researched,” says Clarkson engineering professor Shane Rogers, according to the university’s website.

“[The ghost sightings] are often reported in older-built structures that may also suffer poor air quality,” Rogers says.

“Similarly, some people have reported depression, anxiety and other effects from exposure to biological pollutants in indoor air. We are trying to determine whether some reported hauntings may be linked to specific pollutants found in indoor air.”

Rogers describes himself as a “longtime fan of ghost stories,” and that he doesn’t see himself as a paranormal debunker.

“What I do hope is that we can provide some real clues as to what may lead to some of these phenomena and possibly help people in the process.”

Rogers’ team of undergraduate students plan to measure air quality in several haunted locations in upstate New York, including the Frederic Remington Art Museum in Ogdensburg, N.Y. The museum is the former home of Madame Vespucci, and, according to Haunted Places, her voice can be heard echoing from the museum’s upper level at night.

If they come back alive, they plan to publish the results of their finding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/05/ghosts-caused-mold-clarkson-university_n_7006836.html?utm_hp_ref=paranormal

Offline Maverick

• Admin-Emeritus
  • VIP
Re: Is Your House Haunted? Or Just Dirty?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 04:53:33 AM »
Do you think this is for real or a story made up.   I once worked with a woman who claimed her house was haunted.  It sounded believable as she even had ghost busters from the university come out to investigate. 

Offline Jenna

• mood Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »
Things sometimes disappear in my house but my house isn't haunted.
Items disappear because I put them somewhere but forget where.   :unsure:

Offline Maverick

• Admin-Emeritus
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »
Me too Jenna.   I worked with a woman that told me her house was haunted every time a room needed painting.  She said the ghost lived in one of the bedrooms which was always cold and her dogs cowered and would not enter that room.  She said at night she would hear dishes clattering, footsteps down the hall and sometimes she found her front door open.  She said her dogs would hide when this was happening.  Once the house got painted, the hauntings stopped.   She did bring in Ghost Finders from the University but never told me if they found any evidence of ghosts.  She was quite serious about it.   What do you think?

Offline Jenna

• mood Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
I think the ghosts did not like the smell of paint.
Painting must be better than an exorcism.

Just kidding, I think some old houses can have spirits roaming around
if something traumatic happened there in the past.

Offline Leasalee

• mood Flirty
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 06:35:34 PM »
My home is 147 years old, and four of my close family relatives have passed away in the last 30 years I have lived here.  From what neighbors have told me many have passed away while living here.  But I've never had any supernatural experiences here, although I have had 3 or 4 such happenings elsewhere.   :dance:

Offline Maverick

• Admin-Emeritus
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 05:51:40 AM »
I have not had any supernatural experiences but there have been some strange happenings that have made me wonder.   Example:  Every night for about a month I kept having this dream that I was on a plane and crying.  I did not know the destination in this dream but the trip was sad.  When I received a phone call that my mom had passed away is when these dreams stopped. 

Another incident was when I was flying back from the coast to Ottawa where we lived at that time, I got a nosebleed on the plane.  When I was talking to my friend in Ottawa over coffee, she asked me if I had a nose bleed on the plane.  My jaw dropped as to how she could know this because it was true.  This same friend also sensed when her brother died before she got notification.

I sensed when my son had two failing kidneys and was on death's doorstep.  I had no idea why I worried about him but I was shaken with that feeling.  When I phoned him I asked him what was wrong and to be honest with me.  He replied he was dying and was on dialysis.  So how did I know something was wrong .. beats me.

This is all true so has anyone else here had similar experiences?

Offline Rog

• Admin/Mod
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 06:43:42 AM »
I remain open minded.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.   (Douglas Adams)

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
    • http://seniorsworldwide.net/
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
My home is 147 years old, and four of my close family relatives have passed away in the last 30 years I have lived here.  From what neighbors have told me many have passed away while living here.  But I've never had any supernatural experiences here, although I have had 3 or 4 such happenings elsewhere.   :dance:

Wow must be some house. Love to go through older homes, these are where you see the original works true lumber sizes.. When we lived in Southfield we had the old family farm it was a little over 100 years old..

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 04:01:03 PM »
I got these   :wakmou: walking around my place. Dam little  :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou:

Offline Hic

• Administrator
    • mood Cheerful
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 04:32:42 PM »
try this ron

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
try this ron

My little guys eat tht stuff   :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou:

Offline Skhilled

• mood Cool
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 08:43:12 PM »
Alcohol and drugs have the same effects...seeing things.  :lmaf:

Offline Maverick

• Admin-Emeritus
  • VIP
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 11:05:12 PM »
I got these   :wakmou: walking around my place. Dam little  :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou: :wakmou:

Ron .. those are my "meesis" and they made it to your place .. how clever?   :lmaf:  Thanks for downsizing mouse for me.  That little critter hid someone in my computer and be hanged if I can find him. 

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 06:32:42 AM »
When I was growing up my friends house was haunted. Well not a haunting but we all thought we saw a girl on the stairs on occasion. My friend use to say things would fly off her dresser and be placed, not just tossed but placed, on the floor. I believed her.

The house I used to live in I always felt a presence. Indian burial ground, I think. Nothing ever happened, but I felt it. I thought maybe it was just me, but when I moved the feeling or presence was gone. Nothing remarkable in this house.

I've had two weird things happen to me in the past. Smells! I've smelled a fragrance twice just before I got a call about someone dying. First time was my great grandmother. I smelled roses. Second time I smelled jasmine and my neighbor had died. We talked about jasmine flower on occasion. Really very weird to all of a sudden get a whiff of a fragrance, very strong, and nothing around me explains that smell. Then I got that phone call just after.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 11:18:15 AM »
Jezz maybe your haunted.. I have never had any odd feelings or things in my place fling..

There was a Inn not far from me that had a ghost living there.  http://www.torontoghosts.org/index.php?/20080820324/South-Western-Ontario/Kingsville-King-s-Landing.html  his name is or was George

Offline jezz

• VIP
    • mood Creative
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2017, 05:06:54 AM »
LOL, I haven't felt haunted in some years. Thanks god no one's died lately.

Offline daffyd

• mood Busy
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »
Ah noticed here that some people speak from experience, whereas I, from experience keep quiet. You see in my experience people see things from a different angle only when they are so inclined.
As for hauntings.... I find they have not got a ghost of a chance if they don't raise one's spirits. The problem with ghost problems is not the problem, its finding the answers that is the problem.
Never trust a man who doesn't have a sense of humour and be wary of a woman who does.

People see things from a different angle only when they are so inclined.

Offline islandgrl

• mood Lurking
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 07:31:49 AM »
My house isn't haunted but since it was built on the spot where the old farm house sat, this week I think it is haunted.  Why?   One of my phones went missing and the locator nor I can find it.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:54:25 AM by islandgrl »
The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
My house isn't haunted but since it was built on the spot where the old farm house sat this week I think it is haunted.  Why?   One of my phones went missing and the locator nor I can find it.  Any ideas?

Entire phone or just the receiver..

Check the bathrooms, check the utility room, check the garage, check under couch cushions,etc.

Offline islandgrl

• mood Lurking
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »
It re-appeared in the laundry room.  But why didn't it respond to the locator?
The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 07:06:08 PM »
It re-appeared in the laundry room.  But why didn't it respond to the locator?

Maybe it was to far for contact..

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status

* Recent Posts

Re: Little Gadgets by Phillip
[Today at 05:34:19 PM]

Re: 18 April 2017 Asparagus by Durgan
[Today at 05:20:56 PM]

Re: Make Four Words by Phillip
[Today at 05:05:43 PM]

Re: Blind Date by Phillip
[Today at 04:58:24 PM]

Re: 24 May 2017 Natto by Durgan
[Today at 04:52:31 PM]