collapse

* Welcome Guest

photo little flower_01.png ~ Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" or "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

Author Topic: Trump’s impeachment now outweighs opposition  (Read 183 times)

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
    • http://seniorsworldwide.net/
Trump’s impeachment now outweighs opposition
« on: May 17, 2017, 09:46:44 AM »
Despite several controversies, including the firing of FBI Director James Comey, US president Donald Trump’s approval rating has remained pretty stable at 40% in the past weeks, according to polling released today by Public Policy Polling (pdf, p.3).

What is going up, however, is the number of Americans who support impeaching Trump: It was 35% in late January; it went up to 46% for (and 46% against) in February; then support for impeachment dipped slightly. But it has now reached 48%—outpacing for the first time the percentage of Americans who oppose Trump’s impeachment (41%).

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/public-support-for-trump%E2%80%99s-impeachment-now-outweighs-opposition-a-new-poll-finds/ar-BBBdGWZ?li=AAggNb9

I doubt if they'll ever impeach Trump..

Have they ever impeached any US Pres.

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
Re: Trump’s impeachment now outweighs opposition
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:59:06 AM »
Despite several controversies, including the firing of FBI Director James Comey, US president Donald Trump’s approval rating has remained pretty stable at 40% in the past weeks, according to polling released today by Public Policy Polling (pdf, p.3).

What is going up, however, is the number of Americans who support impeaching Trump: It was 35% in late January; it went up to 46% for (and 46% against) in February; then support for impeachment dipped slightly. But it has now reached 48%—outpacing for the first time the percentage of Americans who oppose Trump’s impeachment (41%).

Source: http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/public-support-for-trump%E2%80%99s-impeachment-now-outweighs-opposition-a-new-poll-finds/ar-BBBdGWZ?li=AAggNb9

I doubt if they'll ever impeach Trump..

Have they ever impeached any US Pres.

Yes. Two presidents have been impeached.  Bill Clinton was one of them. 
'This isn't getting anything done'. D. Preston

Online Phillip

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:56:18 AM »
Impeachment doesn't mean removal from office. It can lead to that but so far nothing that Trump has done rises to that level.

Trump didn't do anything he didn't have the power to do when it comes to this latest revelation.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 04:36:34 PM »
Trump does have the power to do what he likes to do, but he acts like he knows everything, and can run the WH on his own..

Trump needs a good adviser to learn him the tricks, the rights and the wrong..

I never knew this but Trump's attention span is about 4 minutes..

Nato officials will ‘ensure no one talks for more than four minutes to keep Donald Trump’s attention’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nato-donald-trump-four-minute-time-limit-keep-us-president-attention-span-meeting-a7738626.html

Is the guy that bad, that he looses consecration.

Online Phillip

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 07:51:57 PM »
I'm guessing that 4 minute attention span was meant to denigrate Trump.

Like most stuff that tries to run someone down there is another willing to look at what else is out there for understanding.

Gotta love those people that have time to do studies.

The average attention span for the notoriously ill-focused goldfish is nine seconds, but according to a new study from Microsoft Corp., people now generally lose concentration after eight seconds, highlighting the affects of an increasingly digitalized lifestyle on the brain.

Researchers in Canada surveyed 2,000 participants and studied the brain activity of 112 others using electroencephalograms (EEGs). Microsoft found that since the year 2000 (or about when the mobile revolution began) the average attention span dropped from 12 seconds to eight seconds.

http://time.com/3858309/attention-spans-goldfish/

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »
Impeachment doesn't mean removal from office. It can lead to that but so far nothing that Trump has done rises to that level.

Trump didn't do anything he didn't have the power to do when it comes to this latest revelation.

Almost impossible to impeach Trump since the Republicans control the House and Senate. It would take a major rebellion among the Republicans. I cannot fathom why it is even being discussed.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:46:40 AM »

Almost impossible to impeach Trump since the Republicans control the House and Senate. It would take a major rebellion among the Republicans. I cannot fathom why it is even being discussed.

America is falling apart, the stock market has taken a nose dive down to a dangerous low.. The Republicans are shying away from Trump, I think we'll see something happen..

Offline islandgrl

• mood Lurking
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:50:08 AM »
The mighty do fall hard,   like a sack of potatoes.  :)
The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 09:39:54 AM »
I do believe Trump is correct when he says he doesn't get fair treatment, there is no doubt that the media and the left are in vindictive mode and out to bring him down.

However, his behaviour seems to be more erratic, he is impulsive doing what he wants and speaking off the cuff.  http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/anne-applebaum-guess-what-the-experts-were-right-after-all-donald-trump-is-not-fit-to-be-president 

http://conservativetribune.com/reporter-time-articles-trump-1989/
There is little question that an overwhelming portion of the mainstream media utterly despise President Donald Trump, and have sought to embarrass, mock, undermine and generally do away with him since the moment he entered the presidential race in 2015.

Yet, the media hasn’t always felt that way about Trump, as prior to his fully entering the cut-throat game of politics he was widely lauded as a flamboyant and flashy representative of success in modern times, as was recently reported by the Independent Journal Review.

The broad shift in media coverage of Trump from largely positive to overwhelmingly negative was easily summed up in a comparison of two TIME Magazine cover stories of the man, one fairly negative after his election and another from 1989 that nearly glowed.

Online Phillip

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 10:54:50 AM »
Stock market as of 7:50 a/m 5/18/2017

S&P 500.

+8.74 (+0.37%)

Dow 30.

+51.36 (+0.25%)

Nasdaq.

+43.95 (+0.73%)

Hardly a dangerous low. Investigations still in place & the world has not stopped turning. Trump is contrary to every thing American's have become used to from politicians. Will popularity and same old way of doing things come back as the criteria for being president? Or will change eventually surface as the way to get things done?

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 11:23:16 AM »
Stock market as of 7:50 a/m 5/18/2017
Hardly a dangerous low. Investigations still in place & the world has not stopped turning. Trump is contrary to every thing American's have become used to from politicians. Will popularity and same old way of doing things come back as the criteria for being president? Or will change eventually surface as the way to get things done?
Well said:   I do believe it will eventually go back to the old ways, Trump is just too much for the left and the media to accept, no matter what he does, even if it's good.   

I do wonder if the pressure will become so much so that he resigns.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »
If they guy would grow up and act like an adult and make some important decisions, stay the hell off of Twitter, maybe then the media would post good things about him..

Trump seems to attack first, or bad mouth someone before he stops to think..

There having a special meeting this afternoon over the firing of Comey, we'll see the outcome later..This is a private meeting no news media included..

Offline Wild Bill

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 03:40:49 PM »
If they guy would grow up and act like an adult and make some important decisions, stay the hell off of Twitter, maybe then the media would post good things about him..

I don't believe that, Ron. It looks to me like the Killary and "progressive" supporters have been after Trump ever since they lost the election. Before the election they just mocked him and didn't take him seriously. Now there is an all out campaign to bring him down!

If they succeed I truly fear that things will get very ugly. The sheep have woken up and they will Not quietly lie down again!

Wild Bill

Online Phillip

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »
Let's suppose for a minute that for whatever reason Trump leaves office in the next 6 months.

That means Pence will take over. Then what? Especially if Pence continues with the Trump agenda.

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 05:28:54 PM »

I don't believe that, Ron. It looks to me like the Killary and "progressive" supporters have been after Trump ever since they lost the election. Before the election they just mocked him and didn't take him seriously. Now there is an all out campaign to bring him down!

If they succeed I truly fear that things will get very ugly. The sheep have woken up and they will Not quietly lie down again!

Wild Bill

Beleive it or not, all hell is breaking loose with Trump..

I seen before the election the name calling, but Trump also was doing the same thing and sometimes worst.

Trump acts like a immature person at times, most times..

I also don't like what I'm seeing, but we all see Trump and his actions differently. Not sure Pence will be any better..

This election was a farce, not one of those people should have entered the race.. I understand Trump did not expect to even come close yet alone win, he made some remark one time about not knowing about running the WH..

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »
Let's suppose for a minute that for whatever reason Trump leaves office in the next 6 months.

That means Pence will take over. Then what? Especially if Pence continues with the Trump agenda.
Exactly:  even if the Dems manage to get Trump out of office, they still won't be in power, the Republican will still control the agenda.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:17:36 PM by foreveramber »

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 06:25:52 PM »
I look at it from a Canadian point of view since we can't do anything about the U.S. election except hope for the best happening to Canada since we are joined at the hip and our economy depends on the U.S.

We are better off with Trump in the White House rather than Clinton and the Democrats.

Just for starters Trump has approved the XL pipeline which to me is significant because Obama all by himself killed it and I don't think Hillary wouldn't have continued down the same path. 

Now I know that Trump is full of bluster when it comes to the NAFTA agreement which in my opinion favours Canada.  The balance of trade is in Canada's favour, but someone must have whispered in his ear and told him that the U.S. imports more oil from Canada than any other country and would he think that the citizens of the U.S. would like to pay more for their gasoline at the pumps.

His method is to throw stuff out there and see what happens and then deal with it.

Someone must have told them it wasn't NAFTA that killed jobs in the U.S. it was China.

Offline curt

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 06:49:21 PM »
Trump won't be impeached.
The Only Safe Computer Is Unplugged
MEMBER ASAP since 2004
Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals

Offline Wild Bill

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 09:30:50 AM »

Wild Bill

Beleive it or not, all hell is breaking loose with Trump..

I seen before the election the name calling, but Trump also was doing the same thing and sometimes worst.

Trump acts like a immature person at times, most times..

I also don't like what I'm seeing, but we all see Trump and his actions differently. Not sure Pence will be any better..

This election was a farce, not one of those people should have entered the race.. I understand Trump did not expect to even come close yet alone win, he made some remark one time about not knowing about running the WH..

It all doesn't matter, Ron. Over 60 million people voted for Trump who will NOT become Democrats if Trump is impeached! They will be convinced that their worst fears have been proven - the game is rigged by the "liberals". I just don't believe they will meekly and quietly accept having their choice negated.

These are Americans, after all. A helluva lot of them have guns. They are not complacent Canadians! I repeat, if Trump is brought down, EVEN FOR GOOD CAUSE, things will get very, very ugly.

Wild Bill

Offline foreveramber

• Administrator
    • mood Musical
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »
I sure hope it doesn't come to that but considering the violence from the left over Trump's election it could come to a head...     The Republicans won't impeach him but the problem is with the narrative/meme of the media.  Conspiracy theories start to become mainstream as people start to buy into the liberal/media pressure, what was just wishful thinking could become a reality.   

I do wish Trump would temper himself and be a little more circumspect, you'd think his advisers and or his family would be talking to him - he likely wouldn't listen tho.

Impeachment' nothing more than a blunt political weapon, flagrantly abused and amplified with or without evidence

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/17/528743744/the-president-the-comey-memo-and-the-elephant-in-the-room-impeachment

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:41:39 AM by foreveramber »

Offline Ronald

• Owner
  • VIP
  • Administrator
    • mood Energetic
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:46 AM »
I doubt if Trump will ever be impeached, but he is loosing hi Republican people that did stick with him, more and more are backing away from him..

One of his problems is he is oblivious of his surroundings..

Offline Campy

• VIP
    • mood none
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 04:26:57 AM »
Ron. Your opinion.  Who would be better from Canada's point of view.?

The Republicans and Trump
The Democrats and Clinton.

From the U.S. point of view it was Trump obviously.

I noticed today the price of oil has gone up.

SWW Information

Come on hop onboard!

Cookie Policy ~ Copyright Policy ~ Forum Rules ~ SWW BBCodes ~ Contact Us

Except where otherwise stated, all content, graphics, banners and images included. © 2015 ~ 2017 seniorsworldwide.net All rights reserved.
DMCA.com Protection Status

* Recent Posts

Re: Little Gadgets by Phillip
[Today at 05:34:19 PM]

Re: 18 April 2017 Asparagus by Durgan
[Today at 05:20:56 PM]

Re: Make Four Words by Phillip
[Today at 05:05:43 PM]

Re: Blind Date by Phillip
[Today at 04:58:24 PM]

Re: 24 May 2017 Natto by Durgan
[Today at 04:52:31 PM]